Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prayers to Producer/KISS Co-Writer Kim Fowley

RockCellarMagazine.com
Producer/Musician Kim Fowley, best known as the Svengali for the all-girl rock band The Runaways has entered the hospital today for bladder cancer recall surgery.
Posting at his facebook, Fowley said: “Please pray for me. I need all the help I can get. To my enemies: Be careful, because only the good die young & Kim Fowley is hard to kill, & slow to die.”

Fowley then posted a link to Rock Cellar Magazine’s latest article about him, saying: “This could be my last ever interview…enjoy”. ♥”
LINK: Is This The Last Kim Fowley Interview Ever? Madman Producer Ready For Death. But Is Death Ready?
In the Rock Cellar interview Fowley wry and candid, even in the face of death:
 
“There’s a good chance that I might die. Part of me hopes I do die. I could care less. Man, I’ve had cancer four times in my life, pneumonia nine times and polio twice. I would say that I’m due. If I die, it will be somebody else’s turn to be kicked around and disliked.”
As Fowley has posted: “I have battled and won against prostate cancer/melanoma, skin caner/basal cell ear cancer/bladder cancer. It helps me to be in showbiz – because I can pass on this stress to my unsuspecting enemies. Warriors often win against the Death Machine. Be brave everybody when it becomes your turn to fight for your right to party in your designated lifetime.”

As a producer and songwriter/publisher Fowley has amassed 16 Gold or Platinum records, working with the likes of the Plastic Ono Band, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Blue Oyster Cult, Helen Reddy, Kiss, Guns ‘n. Roses, Poison and Alice Cooper.

Fowley is perhaps best-known for his madman public persona as the manager/publicist for the all-girl band The Runaways who had monster success in the late 1970s and launched the careers of Joan Jett, Cherie Currie, and Lita Ford.

(Editor's Note: Fowley co-wrote "King of the Nightime World," and "Do You Love Me?" from DESTROYER)

No comments: