Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Samantha Fox on Paul Stanley:He's a very talented guy

Samantha Fox: "I Had a Great Time with Paul"
RockConfidential.com

RockConfidential:I’ve got to ask about your relationship with Paul Stanley. You dated him for a while. What do you remember about that time?

Samantha Fox:It was a wonderful time. I remember moving to New York. Every week I was flying back and forth to New York. I was constantly jet-lagged and burnt out. All I thought about New York was guns, gangs, rapes and drugs! That what I saw on TV, ya know? My bass player had moved to Albany. I knew him very well. I moved out my best friend and PA so it wasn’t like I moved out all on my own. I had friends at the record company. I was recording one day with Full Force. We were working on the Just One Night record, I think. Paul was doing some solo stuff away from Kiss. He really liked the “Naughty Girls” song I did. He got in touch with Full Force to work on a track. I was recording and he heard I was in the studio because he was working with Full Force at that time. I don’t think anything ever came about with that track. I think he wanted to meet me because he just happened to turn up the day I was singing. Full Force introduced me to Paul. I was a big Kiss fan anyway. Ten minutes after he left he called me from his limousine and asked me out on a date. I was new in the States and up for meeting new people. I wasn’t thinking about a love affair at that time. I said “OK” and he said, “Well, how about tonight?” We went out for a great meal and he ended up showing me the America I didn’t know. While I was recording the album Paul was doing a short tour of the States. In between the album I went on tour with him and saw how he did things – the rock ‘n roll. way. I had a great time with Paul and learned a lot from him. He’s a very talented guy. We had a great love affair.I went on tour for six months on a bus with a band. Me and Paul tried to see each other when we could. He was then on tour with Kiss. After that tour I became a tax exile because I was paying so much tax and all of my money was basically going to managers and the tax man. I went to live in Spain for a year and our love affair just kind of fizzled out. There were no arguments or bad feelings. It was just a case of being apart. I have great memories of Paul. He’s a really nice guy. He’s a bit older than me but what can I say? I’m sure he lied about his age then! Kiss is still a fantastic band and in 1989 they’d done far more than I’d done. Listening to their stories and his wisdom was fantastic.

No comments: