Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ace Frehley: Four Years Sobriety


ACE ON FOURS YEARS SOBRIETY

(from Spinner.com)

It's no secret that the '70s were the height of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. As the guitarist for Kiss, 'Space' Ace Frehley had no problem partaking in the perks that came with his stature during that decade of decadence -- as he told Spinner last year, "For a long time I was missing in action."

But that was the old Frehley. He's been sober for four years now and was recently on hand at the Grammy Foundation's annual MusiCares concert in L.A., an event that celebrates musicians and their sobriety. Once known for his partying, Frehley tells Spinner that he's truly a changed man. "Years ago I was a crazy party animal and people used to come up to me and say, 'Man, Ace, I got wasted the other night just like you,'" he says. "Now I've got fans coming up to me saying, 'Hey, you got sober and you're one of the reasons I decided to get sober.' I get that kind of feedback now when I meet fans, when I read fan mail and there's nothing better than that."
Congratulations Ace!!

No comments: