Friday, August 14, 2009

ACE FREHLEY:"I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS ALBUM OUT FOR A LONG TIME"

ACE FREHLEY INTERVIEW WITH MODERN GUITARS

( By Dr. Matthew Warnock/Modern Guitars)
Modern Guitars: Your last solo album was released 20 years ago in 1989. Since then, you've been involved in a number of different projects but have put your solo career on hold for the most part. What inspired you to write and release your new solo CD at this point?

Ace Frehley: I've been trying to get this album out for a long time. We actually started cutting some basic tracks back in the beginning of 2007. I had to put the CD on the backburner when we went out on tour last year, and, of course, producing it myself made it take a lot longer because I'm such a perfectionist. It was picking and choosing the right songs. If you don't come out with a studio album for 20 years, you want to make it special for the fans, and I think I've achieved that at this point. It was also getting it mixed right. In fact, I mixed this record with three separate guys. All the mixes were done fine, but the ones that Marti Frederiksen and Anthony Focx did really hit the mark.

Read the entire interview here at Modern Guitars .

No comments: