Tuesday, June 23, 2009

KISS - RARE FOOTAGE 12/04/76 NEW ORLEANS, LA.

WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL KISS/WAL-MART "NEW ALBUM" ANNOUNCEMENT, CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME FOOTAGE OF KISS ON THE
ROCK AND ROLL OVER TOUR /NEW ORLEANS LA., DECEMBER 4, 1976


BACKSTORY:Fan filmed footage of KISS performing in New Orleans, LA on December 4, 1976 during the Rock and Roll Over tour was recently shared on YouTube by a small group of die hard KISS fans who are working to preserve the 8mm film legacy of the band. This footage has been in collectors circles for nearly 3 decades, but now the actual audio of the same concert has been added, giving it new life.
The collective is also hoping other fans can help upgrade films, provide missing details, or come forth with canisters of films that may be in attics or otherwise collecting dust. Fans are encouraged to contribute to the project by contacting kiss8mm@megaplatinum.net.
You can also visit the Youtube page for the unofficial KISS 8mm Film Project at http://www.youtube.com/kiss8mmfilms.


1 comment:

RichieRocker said...

It is my audio that it is synced up to. I hid a cassette recorder in my pants! I brought 2 blank tapes with me. The 2nd tape has been "misplaced" for quite a few years now. Hopefully, one day I will locate it. It is great to see film from that show! I was on Gene's side, first row one the balcony. I traded my rare audio for some other rare stuff on the premise that he not trade it - I was going to release it. It looks like he broke his promise. So, enjoy it! richierockernola@gmail.com